50 Natural Ways To Boost Your Energy
Conquering drowsiness before it overwhelms your mind can be quite a challenge without the help of caffeine, taurine and drugs. With the prevalence of energy drinks and coffee shops conveniently located all around us, finding an unnatural, unhealthy energy boost is easy. You’ll certainly be wide awake and wired, but your health will pay the price too.
So the question is: What are some healthy, natural ways to boost your energy and stay awake and alert when you must. Let’s take a look at 50 possibilities:
- Turn on all the lights. – Darkness promotes fatigue and laziness. Turn on every light in the room.
- Go outdoors. – Getting some fresh air outdoors is always a good way to rouse your senses.
- Pull down on your earlobes. – This may sound strange, but pulling down on your earlobes can help you stay awake and alert when you’re feeling drowsy.
- Rub the roof of your mouth with your tongue. – Rub your tongue against the top front area of your mouth cavity. It feels a little weird, but it does give you a quick nerve jolt that’s bound to make you a bit more alert.
- Call a close friend. – Sometimes a quick conversation with someone you care about is just what you need to boost your mood.
- Eat nutritious low carb snacks. – Low carb fruits such as raspberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruits are great energy boosters. Heaping scoops of spicy salsa on a few small crackers is another goodie. Stay away from meats, breads and dairy products.
- Listen to some fast beat music. – If it’s not too much of a distraction, listening to fast beat music can be a great way to keep your mind awake.
- Roll up and down on your toes. – This stimulates your circulatory system, which will deliver much-needed oxygen and fuel (glucose) throughout your body.
- Watch or read something that inspires you. – Sometimes all you need is a little pep talk. Watch a motivational video or read something that inspires you.
- Have a good laugh. – Watch a funny video clip or read your favorite comic strip. A good chuckle will stimulate your mind, giving you a renewed level on energy.
- Crank up the AC. – Warm, stuffy environments accelerate mental fatigue. If you need to stay awake and energized in a lecture hall or meeting room find an open seat under an AC vent.
- Apply pressure to the top of the back of your neck. – Use your fingertips to apply pressure and lightly massage the top part of the back of (more…)
[Quelle/Source (Link): 50 Natural Ways To Boost Your Energy]